The use of Botox for treating wrinkles has increased rapidly during the past fifteen years and many people have been using this non surgical cosmetic treatment regularly. It is not easy to choose a reliable Botox clinic and practitioner, if person is looking for this treatment for the first time. But there are certain things that can help you in finding the right Botox clinic and a good experienced practitioner.
Botox injections work to relax the face muscles so that the skin on the face looks younger, smoother and wrinkle free. The results of the Botox injections last for about three months after which the facial muscles become active again. Botox is very effective against wrinkles that are caused by facial movements like frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead wrinkles. The injecting process takes only fifteen minutes and cause slight pain to the person whom the injections are administered. The effects of Botox are irreversible and the treatment is safe. But there are people who have reported to have bad experiences with the treatment. Following are ten useful tips to consider while choosing a Botox clinic.
1. The process of injecting Botox requires great skills and hence a person seeking Botox injections must choose a practitioner who is qualified and has good experience of this treatment. In UK, dermal fillers and experienced nurses also administer Botox injections.
2. It is better to check the registration of the practitioner to make sure that he is registered with the relevant regulatory body. In UK, the General Medical Council (GMC) regulates the doctors. The GMC enables you to check a doctor’s GMC status online. In United States, each state has its own regulatory board.
3. It is recommended to check whether the doctor has insurance coverage called medical indemnity. This is very helpful to the patient in case something goes wrong.
4. Today, various established dental, medical and cosmetic clinics provide Botox and other aesthetic procedures. Nowadays even hairdressers, salons, and department stores offer Botox wrinkle treatments. Most of them render treatment of suitable standards. But few of them don’t have a perfect environment for performing injection treatments. Hence it is better to stay away from such establishments. Moreover, Botox parties and Botox at home are not relevant places for administering Botox injections.
5. While choosing the clinic for Botox treatments, look for regular service. For example, it is better to choose the clinics that offer Botox treatment at least once a week in the same place.
6. Choose the practitioners and clinics that specialize in Botox and other aesthetical treatments. Ensure whether they offer other cosmetic procedures like dermal fillers.
7. Select the clinic which has good success rate and that has various locations within the same city.
8. Most of the reputed clinics offer free consultation on Botox treatments. This helps to check the staff and premises to ensure that you are comfortable. There must not be any kind of pressure to have the treatment after the end of free consulting session.
9. Check whether the clinic provide a follow up service. It requires about two weeks for getting results from Botox. Hence if you are having Botox for the first time, be sure that you get the correct results. It is likely that small areas may be missed during the first treatment. Therefore, look whether the doctor follow you in two weeks to check the effects of the procedure and give a top up if any area is missing for better results.
10. Botox treatments in US are charged per unit of Botox. In UK, many clinics charge by area, the frown lines are counted as one area, the forehead is counted as second area and crow’s feet – a third area. The charges of the first area are higher and it goes on reducing with the subsequent areas. In UK, most of the clinics also charge supplement for men administering Botox injections. The prices of these supplements range between 50 pounds to 250 pounds. These supplements are offered to men with strong facial muscles and hence require higher doses.
Most of the clinics offer Botox treatments at very low prices but a person must remember that low rates may not be the best always. Therefore, don’t decide for treatment on price alone. In US, there are reports of unprincipled practitioners administering diluted doses or fake injections and oftentimes unregulated medicines. Therefore, it is important to check whether the clinics charge you the average rate of the industry or are charging much lower than that. In UK, the average charges for the 3 areas range between 250 pounds to 400 pounds depending upon the popularity of the clinic and the location. In US, the average price of Botox is about 400 dollars.